About this Fundraiser
Elephante Commons started as a restaurant dedicated to bringing comfort, community, and a taste of home to our visitors. Now continued partnership Hear the Cry and your help, we are working together to bring Gulu a new cafe, hotel, and community center! Through this multipurpose community space we’re giving them new resources to brighten the future of Northern Uganda. Here is our goal and how you can help.
1,000 Backers in 2019
We realize that this vision needs support. We're looking for 1,000 people to donate $20 a month to help us accomplish our full vision in 2019.
So much more than monthly operations
Less than 25% of our monthly goal would go towards operations and salaries (the boring stuff), which means 75% of your donation will be buying classroom material, feeding homeless youth, funding programs, and building out our facility so Gulu can really put it to use (all the crazy awesome!).
One year of giving will mean years of serving Gulu!
With our cafe, guest house, and other sustainability projects we're expecting to be be fully sustainable by the end of 2020. Your monthly gift will be building our future. One year of financing will actually support decades of serving Gulu town! Talk about making the most of your money!
Join our Gulugan community!
- Event Hall: Holding 200 people, this indoor all weather room can be used to seminars, classes, events, movies, and more.
- Classrooms: 3 classrooms ranging from 10-30 seats can be used for any curriculum like literacy, language, business, or bible study.
- Library: A free public library will be available, along with a mobile library delivered by bicycle to homes.
- Kids Playground: A space for kids to get out some energy while parents can enjoy a class or a cup of coffee.
- Innovation Center: Business mentorship and workshop space for startups working towards job creation and fair employment.
- Street Kid Corner: The most rejected kids in the city will find a space all their own to learn, grow, and get a free meal.
- Music Room: Instruments, music lessons, and hopefully one day even a recording studio.
- Partner Offices: Work space for all our partners so they can better serve Gulu and be available for the community.
- Activities Field: Volleyball, spike ball, football, and whatever other games we can dream up.
- Cafe: A cafe serving a variety of food so the community can break bread together and to create income to sustain the other projects.
- Guest House: A space to for visitors to rest while they experience all Gulu has to offer, and help sustain our center with a steady income.
- Room to Grow: Even after building all of this, we still have more space to grow, and even more big ideas like a computer lab and dance studio!
Our vision is huge, and we can't do it without your help. Becoming a monthly backer means you'll be part of an entire community of people who are working to make Gulu a better place! As we work towards strengthening the bonds of the people we're also creating our own international community of people who know we're better together.